Build #8 (Windows & Mac)
Hey all! We're making an effort to push regular updates. I still owe a Linux build from the last demo — holler in the comments and I'll get it built if there's a demand. Feedback and comments always appreciated, too!
░░░ DEMO #8 - NOV 2019 ░░░
- • Treasure rooms - found a locked door? There's must be a keycard nearby...
- Wider corridors - reduced "conga line" effect
- New sounds - when toggling the Combat Log, when leveling up a stat
- The Nurse has gained a powerful new ability - don't let her get out of your sight!
- Your own Combat Knife has gained a nifty Lunge attack
- Attacks will now pass through Spore Clouds, use this to your advantage (it'll still damage them!)
- Tweaked vision range, attack accuracy and melee weapon damage - a lot of balancing
- Walls sometimes now spawn with holes cut out
- Adjusted wording on Combat Log messages - now referring to the Player as "You", logging damage and absorption differently
- Distance calculation - using a different heuristic; diagonals are now less silly
- Radiation can no longer be destroyed
// UX / quality-of-life improvements
- Can no longer spend more Focus than needed to reach 100% accuracy
// Under the hood / Bug fixes
- Performance improvements - now chunking some GameObjects, disabling them when unneeded
- Big rewrites of Combat systems, some FOW and map generation
- Fixed some potential memory leaks
- Fixed some visual inconsistencies with tiles
- Fixed an issue where idle AI got infinitely stuck
- Fixed being able to throw Grenades on top of Walls (might still happen if you miss)
- Various other small fixes & tweaks 👀
Get Escape from Aeon
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.